When it comes to choosing the finishes for your new Thornridge home, you will be given one on one attention from a design consultant who will help you make selections that will not only flatter the architecture of your home, but impact on its value, as well.
It is an exciting process choosing from kitchen and bathroom cabinetry, flooring, counter tops, tiles, staircase styles, fireplace mantles, brick colours and countless other finishes. We encourage you to visit our Décor Centre to preview our selections and start considering the various options available.
As you contemplate the endless possibilities for personalizing your new Thornridge home we would like to offer a little bit of advice to help get your started. The key to making the most out of your Decor Centre appointment is to be prepared.
We recommend that you create your dream home wish list – making note of products you have been dreaming of such as a frameless glass shower enclosure or a granite kitchen counter or features that suit your lifestyle. Ask yourself the following questions and then think about how each of these may impact the selections you make for your home:
- How do you want your new home to make you feel?
- Do you prefer a formal or casual look?
- Do you work from home? Will you need special accommodations for your home office?
- Do you have children?
- Do you have anyone who is elderly living with you or visiting frequently?
- Do you love to cook?
- Do you entertain frequently?
- Do you have pets?
- Is there anyone in your household with allergies or health concerns?
Here are a few suggestions on things you can do to prepare for your appointment:
- Tour our model home on site and make notes on design selections you find interesting.
- Create an inspiration file – collect magazine clippings, fabric swatches or any pictures that will help convey your own personal style to your Design Consultant.
- Determine your budget for upgrades, and discuss this with your Design Consultant so that they can help you work within this budget. Keep in mind that the personal selections you choose may only translate into a few extra dollars on your mortgage payments – a small price to pay to turn your house into your dream home.
- Be cautious with trends. Trends can sometimes be great but ask yourself if the design you implement today is something you want to look at years from now?
- Think in 3D! It is easy to forget about the ceiling when you are looking at a 2 dimensional plan on paper! Don’t forget about lighting. Lighting is the number one underestimated design dimension. It can take your interior décor from good to fabulous.
- Think about tomorrow. You may absolutely love that plush green shag carpet but how attractive will it be to prospective purchasers when it is time for you to sell your home? Think about what selections will translate into a higher resale value such as kitchen upgrades or hardwood flooring. When in doubt, neutrals are usually the safest option.
Options to Consider (may vary between projects)
||Wall oven/microwave cabinetry
|Finished matching interior
||Extended height cabinet
||Refrigerator surrounded with gables and deep upper cabinets
||Pots and pans drawer
|Piano hinge corner cabinet door
||Lazy Susan shelving
||Gas stove line
||Raised or dropped breakfast bar
|Under-counter valance lighting
||Decorative crown moulding
||Corbel brackets and trim
|Decorative hood fan cabinet
||Premium kitchen sinks (stainless steel, coloured)
||Refrigerator water line
|Upgraded cabinets and doors
||Tub glass sliding doors
||Bank of drawers
||Glass shower enclosure
||Tiles on walls
|Upgraded pedestal sink
||Additional vanity sink
||Premium faucets (brushed nickel, chrome and brass)
|Tiled ceiling in tub
||Matching bathroom accessories
||Complete basement bar
||Additional laundry tubs
||Double laundry sinks
|Additional exterior water tap
Consider exploring the hottest contemporary trends in Cork, Bamboo, Hardwood, Ceramic Tile, Marble, Granite and Berber Carpeting. Contemporary flooring styles are all about re-discovering the beauty and richness only found in natural materials. You’ll be delighted and want to express your creativity once you explore the variety of colours, textures, patterns, sizes, and shapes available in home flooring.
|Oak stairs and stringers
||Carpet grade stairs and oak stringers
|Upgrade oak picketsand handrails
||Painted pickets and stained handrail
||Wrought iron and oak pickets
|Gas fireplace with drywall face
||Double or three-sided fireplace
||Corner Cabinet mantel
||Built-in TV cabinet
|Marble or granite surround/hearth
Moulding & Trim
||Stained trim and door
||Chair rail trim
||Lever handles – pewter/brass
|Upgraded/taller door styles
Lighting and Electrical
||75 watt pot light
||Glass cabinet light
||Kitchen sink task light
||Additional ceiling light/breakfast bar
||Exterior soffit lighting
|Exterior wall light
||Ceiling fan / extra support
||Additional telephone/cable/data jack
| Heat lamp
||Holiday light plug
|Additional exterior plug
||Garage door opener plug
||Landscape R/I wiring
|Vanity bridge lighting
||Additional stove wirings
|Built-in appliances wiring
||Home theatre/surround sound
||Open staircase to basement
||Additional or enlarged windows – basement
|Side or garage door entry
||French patio doors / Garden doors
|Double door entries
||Casement windows throughout
||Half walls with decorative pillars or full height decorative pillars
|Open, close or relocate archways between rooms
||Additional closet and storage spacing
||Raised height basements, basement walk-ups
|Additional operable window
||Central vacuum system
||Complete alarm system